Monday, September 8, 2008

Let the classes begin!

So today began the hustle and bustle of another semester. This semester isn't just another semester though. This semester is the final full semester of my college career. After this I will only have 6 credits and my internship. I haven't decided when I want to complete my internship but I am leaning more towards summer semester. If I do this then I will need to see if I can take my 6 credits during the winter semester. By completing my 6 credits and then going on to my internship then I could accept a job offer if it leads to that. 

But anyway, this semester has begun just like all the other semesters have. I go to my first class and hear all about the class. The class usually seems really hard but I know that regardless, I will be able to do whatever I put my mind to. 

My first class was Advanced Media Writing. I was nervous for the class but now, I think I will be fine. The class seems a lot like Intro to Journalism except for the having beats. We won't have beats but we will be writing a lot. I think that this will be an excellent class. I am excited because even though I won't really be writing a lot in my profession, I would like to increase my writing skills. As a PR specialist, you don't write news articles, features, etc. but you do write press releases. Sometimes I feel like my press release writing skills aren't always the best and I hope this class will increase my confidence in my writing. We will be doing media writing and so I think it will increase my knowledge of writing. This will help me to get an internship which will hopefully lead to a job. 

My second class was Parenting. This class might be semi boring! I am afraid that I will be bored in this class like I was in Child Development. I am going to try to make it a good experience but I can't guarantee that it will be the best. :( I do know that it will be an easier class though. I think there will be a fair amount of reading but other than that, it shouldn't take too much time. :)

Right now, I am just waiting for my final class of the day to start. I have Media Research Methods. I am interested in knowing what this class will be like. I know that it will be a learning class but I really think it will help to increase my knowledge and be something that I could add to my resume. 

Honestly, I am really excited for one of classes tomorrow. I have PR Campaigns with Brother Cannon. He is my favorite professor and I think he has a lot that he can teach me. He has been there and done what I want to do. I think this class will help me to feel more confident in going to New York and meeting the HR people. I am nervous because I am not sure I am adequately prepared. I know that I can do the job but the problem is landing the job. Hopefully this class and Case Studies will help me feel more confident!

Well, I am going to sign off for now! 

No comments: