Yesterday, during Relief Society, Natalie made a comment expressing how she would not have been able to experience some of the things she did if she had been married. I agree with that statement but at the same time there are things I could do and be married.
It is a drama that will never go away regardless of how hard we try to make it. I can not make someone want to be with me just as someone can not make me want to be with them. It has to be a decision made together. Saturday night I was watching Fiddler on the Roof and I realized that there are good things about arranged marriages. One positive outcome is that there wouldn't be any issues with dating. It wouldn't be something we really had to do because we would know who we were marrying at a certain age. That also brings up the negative side of love might not every be involved. Sometimes you might fall in love with the person your parents picked but that might not always be the case.
I always thought I would be okay if my parents picked the person I was going to marry because my mom knows me so well but at the same time, my dad doesn't really know all that much about me and he might pick someone totally wrong for me. That is another negative thing. What if your parents pick someone who completely drives you crazy!? You can't get out of it. You just have to live with the choice. I don't know if I could deal with that. I can be rather picky and I don't know if my parents combined choice would really work out all that well.
Any way, I have to go to class... so signing off!

1 comment:
I'm with you. I am so not ready for marriage.
Although, I've always thought that an arranged marriage would be ok for me. I'm pretty easy to get along with. :-)
Post a Comment